Friday, August 26, 2022
Show @ 9:30 A.M.
Sale @ 10:00 A.M.
- Chick Chain birds may arrive at 7:30 A.M. on Friday, August 26th. All Chick Chain birds must be in place no later than 8:00 A.M. on Friday, August 26th. Birds not in place on time will not be judged.
- All chickens must be project animals that were received from the 4-H staff as a result of being part of the Benton County 4-H chick chain. Each exhibitor must bring six (6) birds. These must be six of the original birds received from the 4-H office.
- Substitutions will not be allowed!
- The show and sale will be held Friday, August 26th at 9:30AM. Birds exhibited will be offered for sale at auction immediately after show.
- Ribbons will be awarded to all participants. The grand champion and reserve champion will receive a specialized banner.
- Fair premiums will be paid as follows: First, $4; Second, $3; Third, $2. All participants will receive a $1 voucher for participating. Grand champion will receive $4 while the reserve champion will receive $3. All premiums not picked up by the close of the Fair will be put back into the Chick Chain Fund.
- Birds will be checked by the poultry superintendent for external parasites prior to check in at the fair poultry barn. Birds with parasites will not be shown.
2022 4-H Chick Chain Exhibitors
What is Chick Chain?
- Chick Chain is an opportunity each year for Benton County 4-H members to raise 25 chickens (pullets) as a 4-H project
- Chicks arrive at 1 day old from the hatchery
- 4-H members who participate raise these chickens over the course of spring and summer
- 6 chickens can be brought back in the late summer/early fall to our chicken show & auction
- Participants have the opportunity to receive 4-H awards and prize money from the proceeds of the auction